Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ciabatta Bread


Here is a simple Ciabatta Bread recipe that one of my neighbors gave to me. She got the recipe from her friend, Addie Hare.
*I ran out of all-purpose flour, so I used 2 c. all-purpose & 1 c. whole wheat flour. I added a bit more water than the recipe calls for (2 c. water total), to make up for the dryness from using the
whole wheat flour.

Ingredients:
3 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 5/8 c. water

Mix all together in bowl and let dough sit (*you may choose to cover the bowl with a damp cloth) for at least 12 hours. It will be very wet dough. Two hours before you want to cook it, turn it out on a very floured surface. Fold the sides over, gently, without incorporating too much flour. Do this about 6 times. Place some parchment paper into bowl and place dough back into bowl. Let sit for 2 hours. Preheat oven and oven proof container (2 quart container-*I used a cake pan) to 450*. Gently move dough from bowl into preheated container using the parchment paper to move the dough. Keep the parchment paper on the dough & cover loosely with foil, bake 25 minutes. Take foil off, remove parchment paper and bake another 15-20 minutes. YUM!
*I baked at 425* for 25 then took off foil/paper and baked 15 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment